A critical function of KRISP is to make cutting edge genomics, precision medicine and bioinformatics technology accessible to academic, industrial and commercial users. KRISP uses a hybrid model that includes a research team and a commercial laboratory.
KRISP offers the following services:
Next Generation DNA Sequencing
- Thermo-Fisher Ion S5 Sequencing
- Illumina Miseq, NextSeq and HiSeq Sequencing
Precision Medicine services:
- Whole Exome Sequencing (WES)
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- We also have a large team of bioinformaticians with expertise ranging from software development to analysis of data
News date: 2018-10-01
KRISP has been created by the coordinated effort of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) and the South African Medical Research Countil (SAMRC).
Location: K-RITH Tower Building
Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN
719 Umbilo Road, Durban, South Africa.
Director: Prof. Tulio de Oliveira