The concept behind this newsletter is that anyone with 15 minutes to spare can learn about the work of SATuRN. In this first 2016 issue of our newsletter we have included interesting news, blogs, reports, tweets, publications and training information produced by our network. We hope you enjoy it and find it informative. We welcome any feedback about content or format.
In this issue our highlights are:
- SATuRN and CAPRISA Advanced Clinical Care Workshop, 7-8 July 2016.
- PUBLICATION Global epidemiology of drug resistance after failure of WHO recommended first-line regimens for adult HIV-1 infection.
- Publication: Understanding Specific Contexts of Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence in Rural South Africa: A Thematic Analysis of Digital Stories from a Community with High HIV Prevalence.
- Publication: Increasing HIV-1 drug resistance in adults participating in population-based HIV surveillance in rural KwaZulu-Natal South Africa.
- Workshop: The 21st International Workshop on Virus Evolution and Molecular Epidemiology (VEME2016)
- Web Resource: BioAfrica and ViralZone HIV-1 proteome resource: summarizes all HIV protein functions and drug resistance mutations.
Our active and well attended seminar series!
The newsletter is open accessible at:
We hope that you enjoy our newsletters. We think that they are truly interesting and we really have enjoyed producing it!
News date: 2016-04-01
KRISP has been created by the coordinated effort of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) and the South African Medical Research Countil (SAMRC).
Location: K-RITH Tower Building
Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN
719 Umbilo Road, Durban, South Africa.
Director: Prof. Tulio de Oliveira